The tomb is empty!!!
For your Easter reflection, here are some things to think about.
Paul on the importance of the resurrection of Jesus:
“For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.”
1 Corinthians 15:3-8 ESV
There are reasons for certainly about the resurrection. I’ve listed some of them below.
What are the proofs for the resurrection? (Because these proofs are based on the Bible, one’s view of the Bible is critical.)
1) that Jesus died by crucifixion;
2) that very soon afterwards, his followers had real experiences that they thought were actual appearances of the risen Jesus;
3) that their lives were transformed as a result, even to the point of being willing to die specifically for their faith in the resurrection message;
4) that these things were taught very early, soon after the crucifixion;
5) that James, Jesus’ unbelieving brother, became a Christian due to his own experience that he thought was the resurrected Christ;
6) that the Christian persecutor Paul (formerly Saul of Tarsus) also became a believer after a similar experience.
These arguments are from my professor, Gary Habermas, who is a leading expert on the resurrection.